Cargo operationsDecember 16, 2014
Soil research near Redi DotiDecember 16, 2014
NOTICE TO MARINERS NO.40/2014
ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE SHIPPING TRAFFIC
SURINAMERIVER NEAR JODENSAVANNE
SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS DURING THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW BRIDGE AT JODENSAVANNE
In order to guarantee a safe passage during the construction of the new bridge at Joden Savanne, the following procedures are in force from September, 12th 2014 onwards:
1. Obligation to report on VHF channel 12:
- All vessels are required to register via VHF channel 12 at the station “Ballast Nedam”
- Vessels that do not sign up (register) will not grant permission to pass (VHF is obligatory)
- Passage on the route Carolina to Joden Savanne will only be conducted between 06.00 h and 18.00 h.
2. Pilotage obligation
- The passage on the route Carolina to Joden Savanne will only take place under supervision of a MAS Pilot and with tugboat assistant.
- The request for pilotage is upon arrival at the anchor locations.
- The request for pilotage is via VHF channel 12 at the station “Ballast Nedam”
- The anchor locations (see Appendix 1) are 2.5 km north of the Carolina bridge (at position 05 ° 08 ‘24.54 “N – 054 ° 59’ 48.43” W) and Joden Savanne (at position 05 ° 24 ‘52.00 “N – 054 ° 59 ‘17.82 “W).
- pilotage will take place three hours before high tide and three hours after high water
- Due to safety reasons only one pontoon or barge at the time in combination with a tugboat will be admitted for passage.
All ships are requested to take notice of the above mentioned.